Thursday, August 23, 2007

Odd Commercial

The other day I was listening to the radio and couldn't help but notice a commercial for Toyota cars that was directed at criminals. I won't say that I am quoting this exactly but it basically said, "Hi, I'm a criminal and when I"m driving a get-a-way car, I want something that gets good gas mileage. That is why I drive a Toyota." Who thought that this would be a good idea as a commercial. Where they all sitting around in a room thinking, who haven't we tried to sell our cars to? We have the family car, the luxury car, the sporty car...what about a car for criminals? Genius make a commercial and soon enough all the criminals out there will be using Toyotas after robbing the local 7-11. Our sales are sure to take a boost.

3 comments:

Son said...

I would perhaps also suggest a "car full of fertilizer," but that would have my emails searched by federal authorities for the rest of my life.

kddub said...

I guess volkswagen is taking the opposite approach.. Have you seen that commericial where the theif takes the car, and drives around and your led to assume that the car makes him want to be a better person, so he returns the car where he found it....

Kyle Ray said...

I did see that commercial, and funny I didn't make that connection...but I think i want to buy a VW.