Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I Love My Job

I probably talk about this way too often, but I am a guy and in case you didn't know, guy's tend to define themselves by what they do. If you don't agree with me you are wrong. Anyway, for the second day in a row I showed up for work at around 11:00 and was done by around 3:15. The thing that makes with great is that I get paid the same amount of money. There are a lot of jobs that boast short hours, but then your paycheck suffers. Not mine...

Plus (I should talk about this side of my job more), I get to hang out with JR. High, and High School kids all day. Some times they are terrible and have no respect for, adults, peers, and even themselves. But the majority of the time they are people just like everybody else. Show them a little respect and they will show you that same respect. I find this works the best with kids.

I think that too many adults treat teenagers like they are still 8 years old. Granted there are times when they still act like it. But they think they are mature and can make decisions all on their own. If you give them that respect or rather make them think you are letting them make adult decisions, teenagers will respect you so much more. The key to this situation is not letting them make actual adult decisions.

p.s. this program has more options on windows explorer than safari...

No comments: