Friday, August 29, 2008

Been Busy

Sorry I have been gone the last week or so, I have super busy (as the title suggests) with The Art of Whimsy. You can read in more detail what I have been up to these past two weeks here, but a quicker version would be lots of late nights playing shows and getting up the next day to play again. Plus we started recording again this past weekend.

I am so excited about this project. We are recorded with a man that knows what he is doing and his style is right in line with our style. Recording instruments like the mandolin aren't a guessing game, he knows what he is doing. He is also giving us total creative control (I guess that could be a bad thing, he he he). But truly means it when he says it is our project so do what you want. Normally we get people saying that and then when we want to try something odd of different we get, you don't want to do that, don't do it. It is going to be interesting to see how the project turns out. Oh yeah and he has a wide variety of instruments for us to play around with to get different sounds.

Anyway that is what is going on in my life right now.

P.s. I just got a hired in Rocklin as a sub. I just have to be cleared by the Placer Country Office of Education on Wednesday. Hopefully nothing crazy as happened in the past couple of years that would put a block on that.

6 comments:

James said...

I dunno Kyle, those late night escapades two years ago with those two "young ladies" might show up somewhere in the Rocklin times if you're not careful...

Brittney Harmon said...

Right on! Sounds like a good kind of busy :o)

.heidi.noelle. said...

Kyle, those were perfect, thank you! Exactly matched up to what I have been going over in my head.

Sounds as though life is full in a good way! Can't wait to hear it for myself :)

James said...

And Kyle, please tell your wonderful preggo wife that she should update her blogger.

Tell her James is begging her. Maybe that will help.

Beg.

Corrigan Vaughan said...

His being too old (and having had cancer four times) in and of itself would not be a problem for me had he picked a VP that I felt was qualified for the job. However, Sarah Palin has consistently embellished her accomplishments (which, granted, all politicians do), has a constituency in her entire state than the mayor of the city of Chicago, has a history of manipulation and bullying, and a few weeks ago admitted on television that she didn't actually know what the vice-president does.

As for my political views, I'm just somewhere in between. :o) To Vanguard students I'm a liberal, to people every where else I've lived, I'm a conservative. I'm just not particularly bent either way.

Corrigan Vaughan said...

That was supposed to say "LESS than the mayor of the city of Chicago." haha. doesn't make much sense without that.